As Company Secretaries to a diverse pool of clients, we have acquired experience in the following areas:
- Guiding the Board on the discharge of their duties and responsibilities in terms of legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Drafting of Governance documents such as Board Charters, Terms, and Reference of the Board and Code of Ethics and advising on compliance to them.
- Ensuring that the proceedings of the Board, Board Committees, and Shareholder meetings are properly administered.
- Advice and implementation of changes in the legal structures of companies. Under this, we have been involved in restructuring that entailed separation of business lines, acquisitions, and mergers.
- Advice on compliance issues with regulatory bodies.
- Review of documents such as the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Shareholders’ Agreements, legal contracts including debenture documents, charges, and trust deeds.
Our experience as Company Secretaries is drawn from our past experience in serving clients who range from private companies limited by shares, companies limited by guarantee, branches of foreign companies, public companies, Insurance Companies and Micro-financial Institutions.